Vanessa-Mae Shop

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Vanessa-Mae Shop

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Recently entering Vanessa-Mae's YouTube channel there is an update where "official" products are sold by Vanessa-Mae. So far she? is selling the CD "The Best Of" in limited time:
https://www.merchbar.com/vinyl-records/ ... l2IA%3D%3D

Apparently this is an official store for artists and musicians, so her team is selling them?
Benji
Site Admin

Re: Vanessa-Mae Shop

Post by Benji »

Red Hot not being on the "The Best of" is almost a crime! :ugeek:
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

TonyGH05VM wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm Recently entering Vanessa-Mae's YouTube channel there is an update where "official" products are sold by Vanessa-Mae. So far she? is selling the CD "The Best Of" in limited time:
https://www.merchbar.com/vinyl-records/ ... l2IA%3D%3D

Apparently this is an official store for artists and musicians, so her team is selling them?
It is just a webstore. I do not think it has any connection with Vanessa-Mae.

In the beginning, Vanessa-Mae had her own store where you could order stuff (T-shirts, posters, cd's and more) but this service didn't last long.I suppose it was simply too much work. This was located in a warehouse near London.

Till 1999, at her concerts, buying stuff was also possible. But after 2000 this also stopped. I've been to about 10 of her concerts in the period 1998-2010.
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Benji wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:38 pm Red Hot not being on the "The Best of" is almost a crime! :ugeek:
In fact... :D
Picnic wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:45 pm It is just a webstore. I do not think it has any connection with Vanessa-Mae.

In the beginning, Vanessa-Mae had her own store where you could order stuff (T-shirts, posters, cd's and more) but this service didn't last long.I suppose it was simply too much work. This was located in a warehouse near London.

Till 1999, at her concerts, buying stuff was also possible. But after 2000 this also stopped. I've been to about 10 of her concerts in the period 1998-2010.
Oh I understand, well I found this curious to see it on her official YouTube channel, according to a page I found, this web store is related to artists to sell their own content:
https://promocionmusical.es/youtube-mer ... ing-videos
But who knows it may just be generic...
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

The Best Of Vanessa-Mae is an EMI product, and subsequently promotion and sales are business of EMI. Vanessa-Mae only gets either a fee per copy sale or a fixed amount upfront, or a combination of these.

BTW, in my country the Netherlands, cd's of Vanessa-Mae are hardly available anymore in the record stores, and she is never on the radio. Moreover, I think she is a complete unknown to virtually all people under the age of 30.
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Oh I understand, well for the moment Vanessa-Mae's YT channel offers those CDs in its store section.
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

TonyGH05VM wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:31 pm Oh I understand, well for the moment Vanessa-Mae's YT channel offers those CDs in its store section.
Apparently for some reason, Vanessa-Mae's YT channel gives this link in the store section indeed, but searching for merchbar does not give me any clue that it is directly related to artists. Besides, merchbar gets a lot of bad reviews.

I wouldn't order there, I suppose there are many well reviewed alternatives. An then, why, if it is related to Vanessa-Mae, that only one of her cd's is available??
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Well, it's interesting, but if you notice this option Is on other artist channels, I've also seen it on David Garrett and Yanni's channel, merchbar is one of YouTube's partners, but if it may not be directly related to the artist, but I suppose that each artist decide to put this link on their YouTube channel ...
Well, it says that they are completely new, original CDs, other sites sometimes offer second use (I've seen it with some Mae CDs), apparently TVP was also available but now it is sold out ...
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

I took a look at the user terms of Youtube and found these:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9158148?hl=en

The sale goes through a number of approved and supported retailers. So, Vanessa-Mae installed the shopping bar on her channel and sells via one of the supported retailers. So, she allows it but is not personally involved in the sales, other then she gets part of the benefits, how exactly depends probable of the terms of the retailer.
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Oh right, yes now I understand, thank you ...