Vanessa-Mae playing Paganini - Should she record a Paganini only album

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Vanessa-Mae playing Paganini - Should she record a Paganini only album

yes
83%
no
17%

Total votes: 12

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

This poll is to find out whether fans of Vanessa-Mae would appreciate it if she would record an album with only music composed by Paganini. This is a natural question since Vanessa-Mae shares the same date of birth with Paganini (196 years later). The choices for answering are easy: yes or no.

My choice is a yes definitely. I love the music of Paganini. I truely hope that one day Vanessa-Mae will do this. To be quite honest, I think she will do so, one day.

I hope this album will have at least the following pieces:

Violin concerto no 1
Moses Variations on a G-string to B flat
Cantabile
La Campanella
Caprice no 24 (classical version)
Caprice no 24 (Red Hot Tour special arrangement on electric violin)
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

I have vote: Yes... Paganini is very good music to relax... Its nice hearing, especially in the morning... But Vanessa musn't stop with the pop things that she do... Thats a complete different side of her, but sounds great of course, like everybody knows...
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

Vanessa will neva give up the pop side of music, its the pop combinded with the classical that has made here the person we all love. if she was just classical or pop, i dont thing here popularity would be as great.
and ill have to go with yes as well.
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

I must agree with you..
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

My vote: NO :angry:

REASON:

It actually depends...if it were the more romantic pieces of Paganini then I'd have no problem with it. However, if it were pieces like the Caprices, then I object. To me pieces like the paganini caprices are nothing more than a bunch of notes (there are some that are beautiful, I'm not referring to ALL of the 24) that are put together to show how...technically accomplished a violinist is, which doesn't show how musically accomplished a violinist is. I personally out of all 24 only find 1 MAYBE (and this is a stretch)...2 that I find a combination of the both and that is mainly Number 5, and thats the only one I am considering on learning. I can go on and on about why i object to paganini and a good majority of his music, but i wont. But this is all just my opinion.
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

To me pieces like the paganini caprices are nothing more than a bunch of notes (there are some that are beautiful, I'm not referring to ALL of the 24) that are put together to show how... By Kevin

Hey Man!!!! If you have listened all pagannini's caprices the Caprice #9 is also good... :laugh:

Jafo C ! Null
Jafit González L. MD
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

i vote YES
i agree with you jafo, the beginning of caprice 9 is nice, but i think my favourite is the first.
do you all have the perlman cd ( i think it's from great recordings of the century), too ?
just try to discover the beauty of music !
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

I voted Yes.
I do not care what she plays as long as she keeps making good cd's she will always make me very happy :)
Haboek :smokin:
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Jafo - I've listened to all Paganini 24 Caprices, as well as have begun to study excerpts of them for etudes. I'm very well knowledgable on the Caprices from a listener and a performers perspective. 9 is ok.

What would Vanessa get out of recording a paganini cd? I dont object to the idea. I would buy it if she did only because I'd like to hear her interpretation of these pieces.

I was just merely commenting that I dont think there would be much puropse to it.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

It would serve the same purpose for Vanessa-Mae as did the recording the 'Original Four Season,' or any other classical work. Naturally, she wants to give it her own interpretation and by this add something new to the existing records of Paganini's music. I hope that the coincidence of sharing the same birthday with a brilliant violinist as Paganini, will inspire Vanessa-Mae to make a unique recording: as unique as her interpretation of Vivaldi's Four Seasons is.
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

ok
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

I did a label
Ever an opnEAR