How did you find us? - *To all new members*

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

foreverred

Post by foreverred »

I found this message board when I found out about VM's new album "Choreography" in Strings magazine, there was a pretty big write up about it. I'm an electric violinist in the US with my first album coming out later this fall, and I've always looked at Vanessa-Mae as a sort of "sister" in the business, but obviously she's come a lot farther than I have. I just look forward to being able to share my music with the world, and she is a great inspiration.

-Omar
www.omarlopez.com
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Omar,

Welcome here in this community. It is not a shame to have Vanessa-Mae in front of you as it comes to talent and career achievements.

Many congrats with your firts album release. Keep us informed on that. Good luck with it all and I wish you a lot of successes.

Can you make scans for us of the 'Strings' magazine article.
foreverred

Post by foreverred »

Rijko Ebens wrote:Hi Omar,

Welcome here in this community. It is not a shame to have Vanessa-Mae in front of you as it comes to talent and career achievements.

Many congrats with your firts album release. Keep us informed on that. Good luck with it all and I wish you a lot of successes.

Can you make scans for us of the 'Strings' magazine article.
Thanks, Rijko! What a warm welcome. I'll definitely keep you posted on the release of "Influence of Colors". It's nine original tracks and two covers (including a vocal and violin version of "The Neverending Story" - and at live shows, I perform a jazzed up version of "Aurora" simply because it's an AWESOME song.

I'll work on getting those scans out. :)

-Omar
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Thanks Omar, that would be very nice to read the article.

Aurora is a wonderful song indeed. A jazzed up version sounds interesting. Will you put mp3's on your website?
foreverred

Post by foreverred »

Rijko Ebens wrote:Thanks Omar, that would be very nice to read the article.

Aurora is a wonderful song indeed. A jazzed up version sounds interesting. Will you put mp3's on your website?
There will definitely be mp3's of all of my original pieces on the website, but as for the Neverending Story, Summertime, and Aurora, I would likely need to obtain publishing rights to distribute them through my site before I post them. I'll see what I can. Aurora follows the original version but with a bit more of an urban, jazz feel and a keyboard solo. =)

www.omarlopez.com
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

cool! will your album only be released in the US?
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hey foreverred, welcome abroad. Your music looks very interesting, I'm sure there will be many of us interested in it since we're all VM enthusiasts. Be sure to keep us posted! Spunky website too.

Btw, you mentioned problems replying on the VM News topic. Are you still having problems? PM me if you are and I'll see what I can do.

Edited By aventine on 1090376591
Magnetro2k

Post by Magnetro2k »

By word of mouth, heh you wouldn't believe how mean some other forums can be to newbs...
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

foreverred please do keep us informed, I would love to obtain
your CD it sounds wonderful.

and welcome foreverred and Magnitro2k good to have you both onboard. :grouphug:

heh you wouldn't believe how mean some other forums can be to newbs...

I can i used to be in a J-Pop fans Forum and if you are
new and do not know to much they see that you stay that way.

Edited By Arioch on 1090422368
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
tomm4004

Post by tomm4004 »

I don't really remember how I found it. Probably GOOGLE. I was curious to find info about new albums and hopefully N.A. tours. Info is a bit scarce.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

heh you wouldn't believe how mean some other forums can be to newbs..

Yeah, usually in the form of sarcasm. :no:

No sarcasm here though. Welcome abroad tomm and Magnetro. :wave:
cilindion

Post by cilindion »

I know Vanessa Mae on 2001 ulbum (subjec...) I couldn't used internet that time and my eng worse . 1/2 year more I took vanessamae.com it my first time .I didn't known what the web said and I didn't known Vanessa-Mae Forum,too. I went on many web befor that my firsttime and I saw many many more thing frome that . From my remember I think Icome on The Vanessa Mae Forum From vanessamae.com in this year .But I didn't post Because my english very bad and I didn't known what I want to do to post a message.And I known the news from web that my hero was took off EMI. 1 or 2 month later I know the news abont a new album had camon in sin with sony .I really happy and I tell to every body that I known(although they don't know Vanessa Mae :lol: ).Later month I get on new Mae's office webside and take sony forum Arioch ,Rijko Ebens tell me to get on this forum(again) but I had forgot my password Arioch help me.He send myemail to Haidee and Haidee send my new password to me. And that my beginning time for me on this side Vanessa-Mae Forum""""

:wink: :lol: :shock: :roll: :wink:
I'm a thai student who love Vanessa-Mae.My english very bad . Tell me please if it wrong,unfomal,badly,... .

Do you know what is the album that my gif picture come from?(beside my post)

thankyou~~~
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Welcome in this forum, cilindion!

This is the online community for fans of Vanessa-Mae. Here you can ask any question you have related to her.
bijsterg
Veteran

To all Newbies

Post by bijsterg »

Hi,
I'm an official member of this forum since 2 years, but I follow our Vanessa allready many years!

In age, I'm probably one of the 'older' members, but that is like wine: " The older the wine, the better" (they say, and I fully agree!).

As I once started as a Newbie, I know how difficult it is to be accepted in the 'old boys' network in this forum. I therefore offer all Newbies my help if needed. The sooner you become a full member, the sooner you will contribute in favor to all of us.

So, iff you need anything, send me a PM and I will see what I can do, as long as it is legal.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
machalita
VMF Reg

Re: To all Newbies

Post by machalita »

bijsterg wrote:as long as it is legal.
What's that? o_O hehe
Machalita