The Official Newbies Thread... - Come and say hi

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

flagboy

Re: The Official Newbies Thread... - Come and say hi

Post by flagboy »

Hi, I'm Alex, not quite a newbie, as I may have posted to this forum a long time ago, and even longer ago was on VM-L. My Vanessa-Mae fan site http://www.cgce.net/vanessa-mae/ is still up, although not changed much for some years. The most recent Vanessa-Mae event I attended was the performance at the Westonbirt Arboretum in June 2009 with my then-girlfriend (now my wife), a Japanese woman who is learning the violin (but is more of a fan of Nicola Benedetti than of VM). But VM does not seem to perform much any more, especially not in the UK...
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

flagboy wrote:Hi, I'm Alex, not quite a newbie, as I may have posted to this forum a long time ago, and even longer ago was on VM-L. My Vanessa-Mae fan site http://www.cgce.net/vanessa-mae/ is still up, although not changed much for some years. The most recent Vanessa-Mae event I attended was the performance at the Westonbirt Arboretum in June 2009 with my then-girlfriend (now my wife), a Japanese woman who is learning the violin (but is more of a fan of Nicola Benedetti than of VM). But VM does not seem to perform much any more, especially not in the UK...
Welcome to the forum!! :)

Yeah Vanessa Mae doesn't tour as much anymore. She's busy training to represent Thailand in the 2014 Winter Olympics. The Westonbirt performance was quite nice, and glad you enjoyed it!

Let me know if you have any issues with the board, and I've since updated the main address for the forum, which is now webmaster@vanessamae.net (thanks for catching this!!)

~Benji
steveinswmi

Post by steveinswmi »

hi im steve and i just signed up. ive been watching her videos on youtube and am just overwhelmed at this young lady. i just recently began playing the viola again and just happened across her videos while searching for sheet music. i would really love to see her live.

thanks for allowing me be a memeber here.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Steveinswmi,

We are glad to have you with us.

CX
steveinswmi

Post by steveinswmi »

thank you. its a pleasure to be a part of this forum.

steve