The Official Newbies Thread... - Come and say hi

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

welcome lydia! :kiss:
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

wow! *feels welcome* lol hey Laura, Arioch \7 eva! you people are really nice! :bow: hee hee.

I"m 14 and I live in Melbourne, Australia. ;)
nhammer

Post by nhammer »

:user: I guess it is time for me to add myself to the official newbies thread. I don't know the age groups of people here but I am 36...does that make me old or young? :D

The way I found out about Vanessa Mae was actually through a friend who was searching the internet for "classical Gas". He stumbled across her version and liked it, knowing that I play the violin he shared it with me and we began learning more and more about her.

I grew up playing the violin and took a 15 year break after high school through college and first 10 years of marriage. I began playing again at home a couple of years ago. I have a 6 year old daughter who wanted to start last year so she and I have lots of fun together and I attend her lessons with her.

I appreciate Vanessa Mae's enthusiasm and excitement for her music and her instrument. I definately have a great example to watch for technique and inspiration.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Hi nhammer,
Welcome!
I don't know the age groups of people here but I am 36...does that make me old or young?
I too am 36 and also have the same trouble in deciding.
I think this means we are young but age is sneaking upon us :(
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

age is nothing but an number. :laugh:
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

eva03 wrote:age is nothing but an number. :laugh:
Over 25: Out of time
bruno

Post by bruno »

Hi to everyone!

Quite interesting community you have here!

So I think it´s up to me to introduce myself...

First of all, I´ve just reached the "out of time status" ;)

...but it feels good, having lost this dimension *g*

It´s nice to see you all share the Vanessa-Mae-passion with each other. I´m sorry to say that I would not call myself a real VM-fan, but I do like her music very much; I´ve got used to listen to classic music while writing and I love her techno-acoustic combination. It´s great for its power while working at tragic stories because of the mixture of its sensitive and aggressive elements... just as life is!

So I´ve come here while surfing, looking for concert infos, which I haven´t made up so far, but therefore I´ve found you here... :)

I´ll possibly join you for a while, in the end time is no problem any more, as I have learned ;)

See ya.
Dave the Rainmaker

Post by Dave the Rainmaker »

Well.....I'm Dave and I'm from kettering, England and I have known about Vanessa for 5 years or 6. But I only really started to really like her music about 3 years ago and I now own her best of album and I want to get "subject to change". I am currently at college in northampton (town next to kettering) and am studying a HND Multimedia course which involves a variety of art/computer related tasks. My other favourite music other than classical is metal and I am a big Iron Maiden fan. I'm 18 years old and want to become a computer games designer or artist. My hobbies include Anime art, computing and the odd game of football every so often. Well thats it I think nice to meet you people hope we become good web friends.
Dave the Great
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Welcome Dave to this Vanessa-Mae online communitiy. I hope you like it here.
Incarpathia

Post by Incarpathia »

Greetings,

Another newbie checking in for duty :) Glad to be aboard!

Mark
"And you thought you knew me . . ."

MDS
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Welcome Mark in this online community for fans of our Vanessa-Mae. I hope you will like it here.
Incarpathia

Post by Incarpathia »

Thank you!

I picked up 2 of her CD's yesterday .. . and then went out and picked up 4 more today!

Mark
"And you thought you knew me . . ."

MDS
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Welcome Incarpathia
to the Forum :grouphug:

It sounds as though you are really impressed with our girl?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

I'm a Statesider and a V-M'er from way back in April '99, as I discovered her by chance on the Saturday morning CBS news performance of Bach Street Prelude. I videotaped all I could of it, tried to order the video from CBS (they said that the V-M portion of the show was unavailable!), and it wasn't until late February of '01 that I chanced to spot a CD of hers out in the open in a Chicago record store. Bought it (Violin Player) because I liked the cover, never had any idea it was her greatest hit album. That was the beginning of a very extensive and I think complete collection. Also have 6 or 7 posters of her. I'm kind of new to the computer so it took me a year to get here after I got my first machine. So grateful for you guys, and a way to keep up with her career, after all she's not that big of a star yet in this neck of the woods. Sad to hear that her new album will be held off till '05 here, but that's better than what they did to Subject to Change and I Still Can Hear Your Voice (not available in US stores). (Another great reason to have a computer!) Talk to you later!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Welcome in this forum, bloviate!!

Sounds like you examined the boards already quite well.

I hope to hear a lot from you here because good times for real fans of Vanessa-Mae are coming up.