Prince: 'One Nite Alone' 3cd live box

Anything goes...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

We have been discussing the collaboration of Vanessa-Mae with Prince on his jazz cd 'Xpectation' in extensive detail here in this forum. Accidently, I ordered Prince's live 3cd box 'One nite Alone,' I did this in the false idea that it was this album that featured our Vanessa-Mae.

Last Friday, I received the 3cd box. I have been listening to these cd's this weekend, and I am really thrilled by iit. It is absolutely an exceptional box; it is great music that breathes the air of a real live presentation. I am glad to have it.

The Dutch saxaphone player Candy Dulfer has a remarkable role on this album. By no doubt, Prince has an enormous repsect for Candy. And he is right in this, because she plays very good.

For those who aren't familiar with the story of Candy Dulfer. At the beginning of the 90s, Candy Dulfer gained the attention of Prince. Candy was about 18-19 years old back then. She participated on one of his singles and videos. Prince was impressed, and he asked her to join him on his world tour. Candy refused with the argument that she prefered touring with her own band. And she made the right choice: today, Candy is a very big star in the Netherlands, throughout many countries in Europe, in Japan and South Korea.

She made it in the music world without the support of a world wide superstar like Prince.

That is why Prince respects her!

Anyway, if someone hesitates whether he or she should order the 3cd live box of Prince: go ahead, you won't be disappointed!