players help players

Anything goes...
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

this night i had a great idea. i'm playing violin now for one year and i think that other members in this forum do the same. why can't we make a forum like chit chat, general discussions... were violin players can help others who just started playing ?
so they can tell their questions and the other members cab help them.
what do you tink about this idea ?
just try to discover the beauty of music !
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Phoenix,

I don't play the violin myself and can''t participate in this, but I think you idea is interesting.

BTW, you picked out a veryy nice picture fot your avatar/
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

thanks very much, but the quality of thr picture isn't very well.
i'm glad to read that you think my idea is interesting.
maybe have many people started playing violin because they love vanessa-mae (like me :D ) because they want to play the same things like she does, and so we can help them if they've got questions.
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Hi Phoenix,

great idea, but only I can't play violin... I play piano, keyboards, synthesizer, organs, drums, percussion, and I arrange, and compose, but I can't play violin... But there are some who can that here on the forum... Just wait till the respons...
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Hey Phoenix

like your idea...I play violin and have for hmm bout a lil over 6 years now. I'd be more than happy to chit chat witchya on any questions you may have.

lata :p
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Didn't I say Phoenix?? :D :;): Good Luck!

Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

so where are the questions?
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

thanks very much kevin !
i've got a problem with the a-string because when i play it you can hear the normal a-sound and a veryveryvery high sound, too. i can't understand it..... ???

@arup, who teached you to play so many instruments ?
it's so great
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

hmmm i think what you're describing is like an harmonic type overtone. what brand of strings are you using? and is your bow a fiber glass bow? Also, do you have a good amount of space between your a and e string?
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Hi Phoenix,

well at the age of 4 I was starting to play the piano and organ... After 5 years I have this filled up with keyboard, and after another 2 years also synth... Have had lessons from a teacher... Now I am the teacher, :D
Drums and percussion I have learned from myself, even as arranging and composing...

phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

thank you for your answer kevin,
i don't know what kind of strings i'm using (maybe "corelli"
but i'm not sure) so i have to ask my teacher.
the bow is brazilwood (like the others) and so normal.
maybe i've got the wrong rosin (could that be ?).

hi arup, what you told me sounds wonderful ! are you a full teacher or do you this in your free time ?
you have to be a very good player ( i wish my parents gave me the violin earlier.....)

:D
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Phoenix, i think all it really is is that you might want to try in your practice about 5 minutes of open strings trying to get the sound of ONLY the string you are playing on. Be careful to watch the bow, and make sure it plays over the F-holes. and doesn't do any funky sliding around or anything. Also, be sure you keep your bow rosined well. If you dont mind my asking, how old are you, and how long ago did you start playing?
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Hi Phoenix,

now I'm doing this at my free-time, but half year ago I have doing this 1 year.. Then I realised that I could do this near my career... so... But 4 nights a week I teach people, and its still funny to do this... There are really people who can come far, only the will to do it, is not there everytime... I stimulate people to go for their musical experience...

phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

dear kevin, thanks very much. i'm sorry that i answer so late but in the last days i didn't had enough time to read this.
i just started practising with the easy a-string and it was better after this (maybe because i used more rosin.... :D )
but i'll do this now every day.
i started playing on march this year and i'm now by the 1st finger (i had the second and fourth, too).

dear arup, what you tell me sounds nice!
i'm very glad that you like your work (i imagine it very great, because that must be super to teach people instruments !)
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Hi Phoenix,

I really love to do it... And I find it great to help developing peoples musical talents....