Diana Krall - She actually came to New Zealand!

Anything goes...
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

About two weeks ago I went to an awesome Diana Krall concert (Canadian jazz pianist)! She only played one night so I was lucky enough to get some tickets to go with a friend. Anway it was truly awesome - her, and her band, were absolutely terrific live.

I know that hard out jazz fans probably don't see her as extremely special but the concert was way better than any recordings I've heard. She had some great solos (but I especially loved the drum solo from Jeff Hamilton, the most wild drum solo I've ever heard but definately the best). The sound setup and everything was also perfect. Diana's pretty good with the audience but I didn't get some of her jokes, perhaps it was a Canadian thing ??? .

They got some great reviews from our critics (and believe me critics in Christchurch are very harsh).

Anyway, it was a highly excellent concert. If she's playing anywhere near your town make an effort to see her! (That's if it doesn't clash with any Vanessa-Mae concerts :;): )
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

good to hear u enjoyed the night,
as for the canadian jokes, yes they are somtimes bad and hard to understand, i had a canadian teacher once, out of all the jokes she told i only understood a few.
no offence to any canadians
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I own one cd of Diana Krall. It is nice easy and relaxing music to listen to.

I was going to see Diana Krall at the yearly Duth 'North Sea Jazz' festival in the Hague this summenr, but due to some circumstances I was prevented to actually go there.
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

I have tickets for North Sea Jazz... :p :laugh:
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
Canfan

Post by Canfan »

Can you remember the joke(s)? I may be able to help understand them. Some of us Canadians have a very strange sense of humor eh.
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

people are different... :D

Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

that they are arup75, and im sure everyone has told bad jokes in the past that no one but themselves has understood. i know i have.
with me, may just of been my teacher, as others in the class didnt understand 2 many of her jokes either.
as for my statement, i guess it may of been a little broud, hopefully no harm done
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

I don't remember what the joke was... lol.

:p
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

wre these so good that you have forget them *lol* :laugh: