Orkut - yet another online community

Anything goes...
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Well, my Vanessa-Mae fan club at Orkut is moving too slow, and the other VM community there has a lot more members, so ...

if anyone here would like an invitation to Orkut, please PM me with your first name, last name and email address.

Orkut can only be joined by invitation, and the VM communities would not compare to this one. However, you can also meet people willing to send you a GMail invitation too (without having to buy one at ebay).
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

What's an Orkut?
changing worlds
Site Admin

IMO, it's a bunch of message boards (like Yahoo Clubs) put out by Google. Although you can only join by being invited, there are people there who send unwanted spam (just a few I think). Basically, you enter four pages of information about yourself; invite friends; post messages; write testimonials about friends; hunt for communities ...

Sounds exciting? Maybe for some. As for me, the conversation there is basically polls (what's your favourite song by this artist? etc.).
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Cool, though I've never heard about it. Can't find anything about it on the google website either... what's this about buying GMail off ebay? What is GMail?

Edited By aventine on 1090189545
changing worlds
Site Admin

They best way to get a gmail account is to find someone who has them. Those who have them, even non-google employees, occassionally receive 'invitations to send out'. These 'invitations to send out' take a while to receive. Some people sell theirs on ebay, others just distribute to those they know. I am patiently awaiting a free invite via orkut, but that seems to take a few days. I have a friend with one invite left, in case I become inpatient. :) If I get an account, and eventually get 'invites to send', I guess I can start a new topic here.

If you do buy one on ebay, don't spend more than 6 USD.

Oh, GMail is Google's 1 GB email service. I think it does more than email too.

Edited By joe_mate on 1090156194