Post by gaven »

Elisabeth Batiashvili is to play at the Sydney Opera House on
23/25/26/28 of July 2003.

Has any one herd this artist & what is your opinion of her
:kiss:
gaven
C.L.U.C.K.

Post by C.L.U.C.K. »

I've never heard of her, but I wanted to know where she's from. and does she sing high or low? happy or sad operas? I know, dumb questions, but I'm curious about her.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>사랑*평화*행복</span>
gaven
VMF Reg

Post by gaven »

:pblush2: Oops sorry I didn't make that clear here is a snip of the program.
PROGRAM
David Robertson - Conductor
Elisabeth Batiashvili - Violin
GRIEG Peer Gynt: Suite 1
SIBELIUS Violin Concerto
NIELSEN Symphony No 4 Inextinguishable
gaven
gaven
VMF Reg

Post by gaven »

Here a bit more info :D
Still in her early 20s, the Georgian-born violinist Elisabeth Batiashvili has already made an indelible impression on the international music scene, with stunning successes throughout Europe, North America and the Pacific Rim territories.

It is already several years since Elisabeth first performed Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante with Sir Colin Davis; made debuts in recital and concerto at the Ravinia Festival with Christoph Eschenbach and the Chicago Symphony. Since then her performances with orchestras such as Bayerischer Rundfunk Orchestra and Lorin Maazel, and the Cleveland Orchestra have immediately lead to re-invitations. Her London Prom with Osmo Vänskä and his BBC Scottish Symphony was nominated by BBC Music Magazine as the most outstanding debut of the year.

As well as being much in demand as a chamber musician, her performance schedule is characterised by invitations with the leading orchestras and conductors of the day including the Czech Philharmonic under Ashkenazy; the Philharmonia alongside Dohnanyi; and the Concertgebouw with McGegan. Elisabeth?s current schedule features orchestras all over the globe such as City of Birmingham Symphony, Orchestre de Paris and NDR Symphony, the Netherlands Philharmonic, Melbourne Symphony, Gothenburg Symphony, NHK Symphony, St Petersburg Philharmonic, Philadelphia Orchestra and many others. In January 2005 she will make her New York Philharmonic debut.

She is a graduate of the BBC's "New Generation Artists" scheme, in conjunction with which she made a debut recital CD for EMI ? music by Brahms, Schubert and Bach, which instantly won the highest critical acclaim, including selection as one of the best CDs of 2001 by BBC Music Magazine.

Elisabeth plays the 1709 Engleman Stradivarius ? kindly loaned by the Nippon Music Foundation. :D
gaven