Namie Amuro

Anything goes...
machalita
VMF Reg

Post by machalita »

Well... if u dont know who is she... she is a excelent japanese singer (Just Listen This) Is the song "Can You Celebrate", I love It! I love Namie Amuro lol, i hope u like it.
Machalita
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Yes, She is an Excellent Japanese singer with a great vocal range. Some say she's one of the top 5 J-pop singers in Japan. Though this song does not display her at her best. It is only a so-so example. Namie's producers do not seem to offer her songs that exploit her vocal capability. I have not found much of her music the jump out to me.

People are often more anamored with Ayumi Hamasaki & Utada Hikaru (like me) though Namie (some say) has a better voice than either. Ayumi's voice can take some time to get used to, especially for western ears. Hikki's voice has a richer lower range vocal quality (an exception for Japanese singers) that I find very appealing to listen to.

Do check out Ayumi Hamasaki. Take a look at her videos at http://ayumi.on-d.net for a fair introduction. I'll may add a few more videos to this page in the next week.
Glenn
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

thanx a lot, glenn ! i read a long article about her in a manga magazine but there's no way to get a cd from her, here.

btw, do you know "detectiv conan" it's an anime. and yesterday he solved a problem where two pop singers (they where called "two mix") have been taken away by two criminals. at the end of the episode they sang a great(i really love it :D ) pop song. do you know it ?
just try to discover the beauty of music !
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

No, don't know it. I am not very "into" anime, though I do go to the Otacon Convention every summer. They always have many interesting events and many Japanese products to see.

As for "Two Mix", they are Minami Takayama (girl) & Shiina Nagano (boy). Look them up on the internet, I am sure you will find it them and maybe that song. I think they split 2 or so years ago, but they produced many popular hits. They never performed live, they were a studio group turning out music. That's all I know.

As for Japanese CD's. They are typically not available outside Japan. A few anime shops may carry a little but selection is often terrible. Best to just order directly from Japan.
Glenn
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

thanks a lot glenn !
i'll see waht i can do to find the song i heared in the show.
btw, are there any japan stars who are famous outside japan ?
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

thanks a lot glenn !
i'll see waht i can do to find the song i heared in the show.
btw, are there any japan stars who are famous outside japan ?
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

There are many fans of J-pop all over the world but for the most part Japanese stars, both male & female, are popular only in Japan. Now having said that, some are known in Taiwan & Korea I believe. For the USA the best known is the wonderful Utada Hikaru and this is because she sings some songs in English (often mixes English & Japanese Lyrics). But you never hear her music on the radio. But don't be misled, she may be best known,.. but for the most part she is unknown here. This is unfortunate as I feel some of the best music produced today in for Jpop stars of which there are many.
Glenn
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

J-popstars are complertely unknown in my country. There is no J-pop played on the radio.
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

J-pop are now popular in thailand
one of my friends go crazy about it :laugh:
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

wow, you're all very lucky if you can get some j-pop in your country. the only way to get some of it, is listening to animes or soundtracks like sailormoon or something like that. :)