Bond - Who is Bond?!?!?!

Anything goes...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Storm is a brilliant, dynamic and unique album.

In my opnion, Bond can't cope with this in anyway.
devils_trill

Post by devils_trill »

In some ways yes, but I think they are too diffrent to compare. People just see the violins and hear the dance beats and say oh Vanessa-Mae and Bond are exactly the same.

Mayeb this is why VM left Mel Bush, because he might have tried to get them to be the same as well.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I think that Mel Bush relaized that Vanessa-Mae wasn't to exploit 'The Violin Player' concept any furhter. She would never make an album in that style again. Mel Bush problably thought that they were leaving potentially a lot of money in the market, and he then decided to form a new group in the style Vanessa-Mae left behind her.

Of course this it is his right to do so. Bond shows that there is a place and need for such a formation.

I am glad that Vanessa-Mae moved on to develop herself and her style musically. She followed her instincts, gambled and left easy money untouched for others. She proves to the world by this that she is really a great an unique artist. She succeeded in her own way.

That is really magnificant.
devils_trill

Post by devils_trill »

I agree totally with what you said :D
devils_trill

Post by devils_trill »

By the way Mel Bush does not manage Bond, he was the executive producer on their last album (basically he oversaw which recordings were on the album, and which were not). He does not produce them, (Magnus Fiennes does, brother of the Fiennes actors) he does not manage them (Andy something does, not Andy Hill though), so he has little to do with them.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Anyway, Mel Bush created Bond. So he detemines what they do and what they shouldn't do.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Sorry Guys 'n Gals,
But i must have a moan Again!!

Is this subject Deja Vu?
Why do Bond fans bother?

People say Vanessa-mae and Bond are simular?
Are they simular?
I think not!

You must remember even though Vanessa-Mae & Bond play the same music.
Bond is a quartet and what bond does as a Quartet group, Vanessa-Mae does solo with more feel, finesse style and class.
Just remember that Vanessa-Mae is one.

So how can Bond be better?
Put one single member of Bond up against Vanessa-Mae and see who'd come out top!
Vanessa-Mae was a child Prodigy, a natural.
Bond are off a production line, manufactured.
They are the Spice Girls of the classical world.
How old were the members of bond when they made there first Multi Platinum Album?
12yrs?
I'm not sure but did they have one?
Is there any member of this Forum who cares?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

Yaeh, Arioch

I'm actually agree with :laugh:
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

so sad, just for controvery sake...

Arioch, yes i care, and im a member of the forum.
jintan

Post by jintan »

I saw Vanessa-mae's Greatest Hits Tour 2002 on 25 September 2002. She played to an audience of about 2,500; full capacity.
Two nights ago, I saw Bond's World Tour. She played to an audience of about 1,500. For the final two numbers, the girls changed into Cheongsams (Chinese costumes), like what Vanessa-mae wore in her Red Hot video.
I am so glad that I saw Bond because now I truely know that Vanessa-mae is indeed very very good!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I am sorry if I have offended anybody!

For your info I have both of the bond Albums,
I admit they are very good.

Read my last post again!
You will see that what I am saying is that Bond and Vanessa-Mae are Different, Ones a Group (Not a person) and the other is a Solo artiste.
They can not be similar.

Now for the bit " Is there any member of this Forum who cares?"
Meaning: I do not care
I joined this Forum so that I could Discuss Vanessa-Mae.
Hence the name: VMF, The Vanessa-Mae Forum
URL: www.vanessamae.org
Please Do Not get me wrong!

Remember what happened at forums.vanessa-mae.com (Bond against Vanessa) it ended up with fans of Bond coming along and putting down Vanessa, and I just do not want to see that happening here as well.
This is not the place as far as i'm concerned.
Now that's SAD using Vanessa's Very own Forum to put her down!
Fare enough if you or anybody else wants to discuss other Groups or artists lets just not use them as comparisons against our Vanessa.
If anyone wants to put down our Vanessa then do it somewhere else and NOT here!!!
Now that seems fare to me
I'm a huge Hawkwind Fan I've supported them since the seventies, I know that this is not the place to discuss Simon House (Hawkwinds use to be violin player) you will never have me compare Simon House to Vanessa-Mae.

I once again apologise to everybody who uses this forum If my feelings for this subject upsets you.

So lets Respect Vanessa-Mae for this is why we are all here!

Peace!
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Arioch wrote:How old were the members of bond when they made there first Multi Platinum Album?
12yrs?
many are talented but not all had the opportunity that vanessa-mae had at an early age.
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

on the one hand it's a good way to listen to instrumental music like vanessas fusions.
on the other hand they are looking like every looks to became famous. i guess the music industry thinks nobody will buy their cds when they're not looking like pop idols with perfect make up and clothes.
just try to discover the beauty of music !
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

In the music industry, particularly pop or pop variations, Image is paramount as in, "most important" after the music (usually).
Glenn
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I agree with Glenn. Marketing by image and looks is OK, as long as it is not used to hide the lack of quality.

In the long term, no artist can survive the strong competition in the music industry without skills and musical identity, solely on the appeal of image and beauty.

Our Vanessa-Mae has something to say in her music on her violin. She has her own style and identity as a musican. This makes it OK that she uses clothes, hair style and her make-up to reinforce and underline her physical beauty and charisma.

I am not the one to judge Bond in htis.