Bond - Who is Bond?!?!?!

Anything goes...
jintan

Post by jintan »

That is the reality in life: opportunity, talent and image are prerequisites to stardom. Vanessa-mae has them all.
She had a privileged childhood life; but that would be irrelevant without talent. Many are talented but not all had the opportunity at an early age and achievement has taken a longer way. On the other hand, many child prodigies just fade along the way.
Physical endowment (image) certainly helps but talent must be prevalent first. Without talent, physical endowment is only good as exhibit.
Image certainly acts as catalyse to propel sale. There is this Taiwan female singer with very beautiful voice, but sadly lacks a normal pleasant look, who has cleverly used cartoon animations on her VCD and covers of her CDs.
Opportunity can also take another form; like riding on the success of the pioneer. Image can to an extent be imitated. And talent can sometimes be camouflaged with ability to conjure the performance of others.
Vanessa-mae was on all counts an exceptional child. Can she bring her talent to another level? Perhaps only time can tell.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

As jintan put it..
many child prodigies just fade along the way

This statement is true, the problem is because they were child prodigies.
All a child prodigy is ever allowed to do is to play that piano, play that violin or to play that flute!
They have to practice, practice, practice.
A child prodigy would have never been allowed to go down to their local park to play a game of football, soccer or any type of game every night, maybe only once in a while.

When they get older they start to get their independence, they begin to realise what life they have missed.
They need something different!
Maybe they want to work in an office or in a factory they want to be a regular person, They want a NORMAL life!

------------------------------------------------------------
Now I shall drop a bombshell!!!

Looks are very important we have all proved that?
Topic: Cute and funny photo of Vanessa-Mae.
With Make-up or With-out, we all think she is Gorgeous!
Is it her Musical Talent or her Looks that make us think this?
Would you be thinking the same (now lets say) if it was Ex-prime minister Mrs Thatcher (sorry she is all I could think of)?
(I apologise to all the Mrs Thatcher Fans out there.)

It is Vanessa-Mae's looks what makes us put her Pics on our H/drives and not just her wonderful Music.

This should have put the cat amongst the pigeons!!!
So who have I managed to Upset? :D :p

------------------------------------------------------------
My Answer to my own Question..

As with Rijko's post below, these are also my sentiments.
Vanessa-Mae is complete in Looks and Talent.

To answer my own question, If Vanessa had only one of these Atributes what would I think?
I might tell you later.. After I have read your thoughts!
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I think we all like the total package of Vanessa-Mae. Total package being an extraordinary skilled violinist, an unique musican, a fine and lovable personality and an extremely beautiful young woman.

How would we see her if she wasn't this beautiful and nice girl? We will never know this. Her career would have developed in a totally different way. Of course, we all would not download masses of photos to out computers if she wasn't that pretty.

But seeing an artist, musician performing in full concentration on top of his/hers technical abilities is always impressive. This holds for artists with good looks as well as for artists that can't possible be described as being a beautiful person. Take as an example Nigel Kennedy, who pays no special attention to his clothes, has an unshaven face and a rather bad set of teeth. Yet, I find looking at him performing a very impressive experience, because of his concentration, skills and the interpretation and beauty of his sound.

As for Vanessa-Mae. I possess hundreds, maybe more than thousand, of photos of her and many video materials. Yet, all I do is listenig to her cd's, in stead of gaze at her photos or videos. I do look to her photos from time to time, but just not ver often. I simply collect everything related to Vanessa-Mae, just to satisfy my wish to possess as much material on her as possible.

It is her music that counts for me. Everything else derives from that!

-----
BTW Arioch, you have asked a very valid question. Answering it will make us define better why we admire her.

Is there anyone her in this forum who is a fan because of her looks and not because of the music?
jintan

Post by jintan »

Rijko, perhaps it would be more appropriate for you to start a new topic to discuss this very interesting subject. We are not exactly interested in Bond.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Jintan, good idea. thanks.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

This Subject/Question is being continued in General Discussions under Vanessa-Mae: Why do we...
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk