new avatars!

If you have any suggestions for this forum or the website, please post them here!
Forum rules
***PLEASE READ*** The forum software for VM.net has undergone a major upgrade as of November 16th, as the former software is now deprecated and will no longer be supported by the author. All information on the current forum has been transferred over. Please PM Benjamin with any feedback you have, and if you notice any bugs or anything else unusual. Many thanks!!
C.L.U.C.K.

Post by C.L.U.C.K. »

there are not many avatars in the gallery. since this is a Vanessa-Mae forum, I think there should be some pictures of her in it. I got tired of my chicken, so I used BoA as my avatar. I can't find any teeny pictures of our girl :bcry:
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>사랑*평화*행복</span>
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

You can start with a large picture and crop till it is square with an image edit program then resize to 64 pixel by 64 pixels.
(recommend adjust colour and sharpen a bit after shrinking) save,... and you have your icon,.. now you just need someplace to upload it to. Many isp's do offer their customers a small amount of web space which is perfect for this. A friend could also host you ican too. I rarely use stock icon, as are often to few to select from and too boring. I always choose to make my own.
Glenn
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

yeah why not vmae avatars??

jafo
Jafit González L. MD
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Ok guys, as requested, I've just put up some new avatars you can now choose upon registration, or by editing your profile if you're a current member.

I've added some Vanessa-Mae avatars of course, and also some cute ones. Quite like the one I'm using now actually, hehe. :laugh2:
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Oh, and please note you can use your custom avatars if you don't like any of the ones provided here by linking to it in your profile.

Anyone who doesn't have their own web hosting account can PM me if they wish for me to upload an avatar to vanessamae.org for them to link to. I know it's a bit of a pain when lots of free hosts don't allow image linking... so, if you know of any free hosts that will allow image linking please tell us here! :)
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

For all you people who would like
a free website host try here

http://home.netscape.com/

I use Netscape for most of my junk
and bits and peices like my birthday.gif
it helps keep my webspace host clear.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----