VCD/DVD/VHS copies of TV appearances

Local marketplace for individual forum members to shop and sell.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hi everybody!

Although I registered a few weeks ago, this is my first posting on this site, so hello to you all!! My question to you is this. Does anybody have, or is anybody willing, to sell copies of any television footage/performance footage to me on either VCD, VHS or DVD format? I am a new collector and am gathering together Vanessa's "official" releases, but am keen to purchase material from other sources - namely television broadcasts - which are not available commercially. I have had a look at some of the links on this site which is great, but the combination of not having broadband in my area and a pre-historic PC means that downloading from the web takes forever and viewing on a screen any greater in size that your average postage stamp is a no-no! (I just viewed the first quarter of the Storm on World Tour show on such a display.....!!)

If anybody can help me, then I would be extremely grateful.

Steve (England) :D
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Steve,

Welcome in this forum. I am willing to send you some non commercially availble material on vcd. Just send me a pm with your address.

You only need to pay me for the costs. I don't want to make any profit out of our Vanessa-Mae.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Great stuff Rijko! If you check out your mail, I have sent you a message with some further info....

Much appreciated.

Steve. :D
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi Steve,

I also have a lot of material - I think Rijko and I probably have about the same catalogue so if there are a lot of things that you want then perhaps rijko and I can share the workload. Let me know if there are any performances that you need.

Regards,

Lorjou
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Lorjou,

I already sent Steve a couple of cdroms with vid matrial.

Thanks for offering your help anyway.
KACD

Post by KACD »

I am also very interested. Any chance that you can send me some materials as well. Much appreciated.
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Hello fans,
I also have some nice Video Music files and of VM, like the Svcd of her concert in the Royal Albert Hall in London. However, you probably have all there is and was available.

I already have all her music CD's. But, I'm very interested in copies of live concerts, especially from the last few years. Can someone send me a copy of this Music Video's? I will pay all the costs!

Please let me know what you have and what you are willing to send to me.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Jim

Music Videos

Post by Jim »

A big hello to all of you.

I've just become interested in Vanessa's music over the last couple of months. I have been buying the various CDs & DVDs that I can find online or in the shops. However, I'm having great difficulty in trying to get the VCDs that came out with the CDs when they first came out.

Can anybody help me out in sending me copies of the following?:

Classical Gas
Toccata & Fugue
Violin Fantasy
The Making Of Siemens TV-ad
Subject To Change EPK

I already have the other videos from other sources, but I don't mind getting them all over again if the items above are all on one DVD/VCD with other stuff. I'd love to see a few interviews & other live performances if anybody has any.

I have been watching Classic FM TV & they show The Sabre Dance (What a fantastic track!), I'm a doun for lack'o Johnnie & Devils Trill. Also, is that Vanessa singing in the Maksim video?

If anybody is interested I can trade or pay for all expenses for your time & trouble. I also have Vanessa live at the Symphony Hall Birmingham 1997 (Shown on Artsworld channel).

My email address is: jfielding71@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks a lot, I hope one of you can help me out :)

Cheers,
Jim.
I come & go as I please. But only if I really want to.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Jim,

Welcome in this forum. I hope to read more posts from you. Stay tuned also for the latest news on Vanessa-Mae. cause this forum is the best place to find out as soon as anything new becomes available.

I have everything you've asked for. i am interested in a high quality filew of Vanessa-Mae's concert in Birmingham. I have a vid of of acceptable resolution, but I would like to have a better copy.

I'll send you an email later today!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks Rijko, I can send you the concert on a DVD. The quality is off air & perfect!

Look forward to your email :)

Cheers,
Jim.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Hi Jim welcome to the Forum,
I am also interested in a copy of the DVD due to the fact that i am a Brummie
and live only a 10 minute drive away from the Birmingham Symphony Hall :)
could you PM or email me with the details for making the trans-action.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

BTW, I have never read anything that our Vanessa-Mae sings in Maksim's video. Also, I can't imagine that she would do something like that, and certainly especially not for someone managed by Mel Bush.
Jim

Post by Jim »

On Classic FMTV they show a video called Olympic Dream by Maksim. It was done for the olympic games. In the video there is a singer who looks very much like Vanessa Mae. If you want, I can do a few frame grabs to show you all. I'm not sure if it is her or not, but the resembalance is uncanny....

Jim.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Here are some frame grabs.....is it Vanessa?

http://tinypic.com/u6mbm

http://tinypic.com/u6mc7

http://tinypic.com/u6mfd

http://tinypic.com/u6mft

http://tinypic.com/u6mgh

I couldn't get the images to show on this page, so I have just put the links up :)

Jim.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Jim,

I see some resemblance too, but the singer is certainly not our Noodles Vanessa-Mae. Besides, she is not a singer. If she would act to support an other artist then it would be with her violin.