times square video

Announce links to auctions and items from other sites or shops eg. ebay and amazon.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

as far as i can remeber there has been a request of vanessa-mae's times square performance. be happy 'coz you can now have this!!!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

It has been on auction at ebay several times now. I have it already.

The quality is not very good, but nevertheless a great performance of our Vanessa-Mae to have in my collection.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Rijko, can you upload this video? I think you and Glenn are the only two VMF members to ever see it. I know the quality won't be so hot, but I've always wanted to see this performance.

Thanks,

Benji
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Benji, no problem here it is"

I have two version. This first one maybe out of sync.

Time Square 1995

The second has some additional material with an interview made during rehearsal sessions for the Red Hot Tour.

Time Square plus additional material

The files are valid for 7 days. Enjoy!
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Thanks Rijko!

Well, it was refreshing to be able to hear Vanessa playing again --even if the performance is over 12 years old.

The first thing that stuck out in the video was the electric violin--it sure had some power behind it compared to what I'm used to on the Red Hot tour video (which I watch very frequently). But it also reminds me how difficult it is to play without playing a bad note, especially when playing fast. I understand why Vanessa chooses to omit or rearrange some of her parts compared to what she records on her CD.

So again thanks Rijko for making this available. Now the only question is .. is there a COMPLETE video of this concert? From what I remember, Vanessa starts off this performance playing Contradanza (I remember a segment I watched some years ago that covered the Times Square performance, and you see her running on stage and starts playing Contradanza).

I would SOO wish to see her most recent concerts. We HAVE to find way of getting new video footage of concerts. Even if it means, woo-ing security and management and telling them that this is not to be used for commercial gain. Perhaps this is one of the questions we can ask Vanessa for this year--can we expect any more concert footage. If not, is she open the idea of one of us recording the concert since we literally have nothing to fall back on? The odds are not that good, but I think Vanessa knows we're a loyal bunch, and I think if we present it in a respectful way and get her to realize that some of her fans haven't seen a live performance from her in several years, she may be willing to help.

It certainly couldn't hurt to ask ... lol
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I have a EMI promo video that also has the Time Square performance. Right now, I can't exactly remember whehter this footage is more extensive then the version that I uploaded. I planned to convert the tapes to digital format but do not have enough connections on my tele for both my hardf disc recorder and video recorder. I will try to find a means to do the conversion.

The question about a future concert DVD is already on my list now for this years project.
CarrollTowerCX

Re: times square video

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

???????????

CX