Red Hot Tour DVD - US DVD

Announce links to auctions and items from other sites or shops eg. ebay and amazon.
nhammer

Post by nhammer »

Does anyone know anywhere that I can find the Red Hot Tour (concert at Royal Albert Hall) on DVD that will play on American DVD players?

I can only find it on Ebay and hesitate because I haven't bought anything through an auction yet.

Thanks. :banghead:
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Welcome nhammer to the Forum :)

Red hot DVD ????
To my knowledge there has never been an official
Vanessa-Mae DVD released.
I think that i can safely say that i am 100% certain
that the Red Hot DVD on ebay is a fake.
I have the video (official release) and the VCD (copy)
I might purchase the DVD even though it is sure to be
a copy just to have it in my collection

As for purchasing from ebay...
I have purchased many items and so far i
have only had 1 bad experience.

I hope that i have been helpful,
Rijko will be able to varify and correct me.

If you have any questions about items by our girl Vanessa-Mae
please feel free to ask
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

nhammer, Actually there is an offical EMI release in HongKong.
It is an All Region - NTSC release meaning it will play in your USA DVD player.

But do be careful,.. there are VCD's that are being sold on eBay that are being called DVD's, but they are not. Also there are many DVD's (especially in HK & China) that look real, likely play just fine but are counterfeits.

Looking on eBay, this is what the official one looked like (no Chinese Text).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3352545203
So this "might" be what you're looking for.

These 2 on ebay are likely counterfiet or China only "legal" releases.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3352551345
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3352621804

And though it does not look like the official release of 4 or so years ago it may be legal, though that funky basic font that is used makes this in my mind very suspect. Just because it says EMI on it, has a complex looking artwork and a barcode (this doesn't) doesn't mean it is legal. Some of these weird looking ones are legal but are intended for sale only in China.
Bottom line is that it is VERY hard to determine what is a legit release.

The orignal HK release also included two of Vanessa's music videos,.. ( Red Hot & Happy Valley ). I cannot tell from the picture or description but this one may not have that very nice bonus. I think I'd wait till I'm sure, though for only US$16, and easy PayPal you may want to try it and report back here. Even if it is a fake, it'll probly look just as good as the original release. BTW: th original release had no booklet only inlay card and no bonus beyond the 2 PV's (as best as I can remember).

I can post a good scan of the "original" release so you can have an idea of what it is supposed to look exactly like. Give be a day to provide link here.
But while you wait, here is a very small image from a recent eBay sale that looks exactly like my copy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3351456110
Glenn
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Glenn,

i am not sure that this is an original copy
This seller is selling more than 1 copy
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Well ... there is a DVD of the Albert Hall concert ... And it is available in Canada.

Well ... its a bit shadowy ... this thing was supposed to have been released back in april, and the Store that sell it are still awayting delivery ...

Anyways, here is a link to the online site of that store.
archambault

I m still awayting to see it on the shelves to buy it ...

Atre
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Nice one Atreides,
I shall order it next week

Here is the same Link in English...

>> Archambault <<
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

I bought my copy some time ago on Ebay.nl (dutch site of Ebay).
Its an original as far as I know.
So sometimes Ebay is okay.
I just buy items from the dutch Ebay site because it is easier for me to get payments made in the Netherlands (bank transfer etc.) :gasmoke:
Haboek :smokin:
nhammer

Post by nhammer »

Glenn wrote:nhammer, Actually there is an offical EMI release in HongKong.
It is an All Region - NTSC release meaning it will play in your USA DVD player.

But do be careful,.. there are VCD's that are being sold on eBay that are being called DVD's, but they are not. Also there are many DVD's (especially in HK & China) that look real, likely play just fine but are counterfeits.

Looking on eBay, this is what the official one looked like (no Chinese Text).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3352545203
So this "might" be what you're looking for.

These 2 on ebay are likely counterfiet or China only "legal" releases.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3352551345
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3352621804

And though it does not look like the official release of 4 or so years ago it may be legal, though that funky basic font that is used makes this in my mind very suspect. Just because it says EMI on it, has a complex looking artwork and a barcode (this doesn't) doesn't mean it is legal. Some of these weird looking ones are legal but are intended for sale only in China.
Bottom line is that it is VERY hard to determine what is a legit release.

The orignal HK release also included two of Vanessa's music videos,.. ( Red Hot & Happy Valley ). I cannot tell from the picture or description but this one may not have that very nice bonus. I think I'd wait till I'm sure, though for only US$16, and easy PayPal you may want to try it and report back here. Even if it is a fake, it'll probly look just as good as the original release. BTW: th original release had no booklet only inlay card and no bonus beyond the 2 PV's (as best as I can remember).

I can post a good scan of the "original" release so you can have an idea of what it is supposed to look exactly like. Give be a day to provide link here.
But while you wait, here is a very small image from a recent eBay sale that looks exactly like my copy.
Hi Glenn,

I purchased the second DVD that you have listed under 'questionable or china only'. I received the DVD quickly and the packaging and DVD look legitimate. It does have the 2 extra videos on it.

When playing the DVD the audio lags 1-2 seconds behind the video, so I am starting to suspect that it is not legit. I have emailed the seller and will see what he will do about it.

Just as a warning for anyone interested, I purchased it from proact123 and it was shipped out of china. The DVD audio and video do not line up. I will keep you informed if he resolves the purchase with a better product.
pongnok

Post by pongnok »

I bought a copy of 'The Red Hot Tour' on DVD from a seller in Koerea. The DVD is in perfect condition, quality picture (4:3) and sound is in stereo or Dolby Digital, region code 0. The DVD has a pinted side as you would expect. It could well be a copy, but for only a few pounds and 5-7 day delivery from Korea it was a bagain. It also feature 2 bonus tracks as mentioned on other posts (Red Hot & Happy Valley).
PS The seller was called Hallyuwood
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

I had to buy two DVD's in 1 year, before I received one with the right quality! On the first one the audio and video were not synchronised.

So, I believe that all Royal Hall Concert DVD's are copies of the VHS tapes, for in 1995 DVD's were not sold as a retail product. Maybe EMI made some DVD's of the original tape, but how can you see in advance which DVD is made by a counterfitter and which one is made by EMI, with the right quality?

On the other hand, of all items I bought from eBay, only 2 were bad. That's about 2 %, which is a good score.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
chwi

Red Hot DVD

Post by chwi »

I don't remember exactly when I bought my DVD from ebay but it is well 3 years ago. Although the picture quality was better than the video - which makes it likely to be not a VHS transfer, the audio quality is not that good. Dynamic level is rather low compared with the VHS tape but tape hiss was not audible, so here it is hard to tell. The two bonus videos were also of excellent quality. But as far as I can remember there were two different cover layouts - with and without Asian characters (Chinese?) offered at ebay and mine finally turned out to be one with these characters.
SteveUK

Red Hot Tour DVD's on ebay

Post by SteveUK »

Hi All,

I have just been reading the comments about the Red Hot DVD and it's availability on ebay - been away for a while so have to catch up on things! I myself have the Korean issue of this disc with the "conventional" red cover and 2 video extras. All I can say is that counterfeit or not (i don't know) it looks and plays like the real deal. My advice is this - for the money, go with a Korean seller because the quality is top notch.

SteveUK.
brianlim

Post by brianlim »

I got the Korean version as well. It's perfectly fine and the cd reading side doesn't have the green or weird copy color. It's silver. So I don't know if it's real or not but it's still worth it.