Welcome back everyone...

VMF & FSVM announcements and server status
aventine
Site Admin

Welcome back everyone...

Post by aventine »

Hi everyone, welcome back.

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the extremely huge delay we've had since mid August... :o

I'll explain more later, but to cut a long story short, ikonboard had some major major problems which was only discovered after Benji moved us to the new server. Hence we're having a go with this new phpBB board *fingers crossed*.

Some of the posts you made in a week before the server switch will have disappeared. This is because the forum was getting too big and ikonboard could not handle it very well, so the database files became corrupt. This is most unfortunate, but I hope we can catch up on all the lost posts.

Vanessa-Mae Goodies board will be unaccessible for most members today, will tell you guys more about it later.

If anyone is experiencing problems, or knows anyone who is, email me haidee AT vanessamae DOT org.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Btw I will be doing more work on this forum, but I will be out this evening so please be patient if things aren't working that well yet. I figured everyone is extremely restless with it down for so long I better have this up now.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Wow Haidee,

You work fast ;) .. I see you have phpBB working smoothly.

But let's be blunt .. ikonboard is complete trash, so I think sooner or later you would be forced to change software anyway.

I still can't believe their official support forum is STILL down ... I'm glad no one actually PAID for that piece of useless code.

The only thing I wonder about phpBB boards is how customizable are the themes. I think the default theme looks very, very bland.

But nevertheless, good job!
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Yo Benji. Yeah, I think the skin is customizable, but I haven't had the time to mess around with it yet - might spend some time on it tommorrow. It needs to be integrated with the main site, which we will be launching quite soon too.

So far I am impressed with the speed, although ikonboard does seem to have more functions. But frankly, I was getting really really sick of ikonboard after being shot down with errors for more than a week! It was actually quite stressful for me. :cry:

Anyway, if anyone has problems drop me an email or send me a PM. If you are having password problems, as I know some of you will have, either request the password to be sent to your email, or email me and I'll sort it out for you.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Aventine, Benji,

I just want to say thank you!
You both have worked very hard on getting this Forum onto it's feet
again.

Well done to both of you, you have done a great job Thank's.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk