Gmail?

Anything goes...
Jeliefish

Gmail?

Post by Jeliefish »

Does anyone know how one can get a Gmail account?
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Don't you have to get an invitiation for that? You could ask around...
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

I have many invitations. OK, just six; but I frequently receive more.

Just PM me your first name, last name, and the email address that I should send the invite to. Anyone here can ask for one.

The same applies to Orkut invitations, but keep in mind that the Orkut Community web site is very slow, and sometimes is not accessible. IMO, it is also a bit dull. :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

What is Gmail?
changing worlds
Site Admin

Controlled by Google. You have 1 GB of email storage. You optionally assign labels (categories) to email for sorting; there are no folders to move mail to. It also uses Google's search powers to search your email for data (so you can see only a small list based on this too).

They are still in Beta, so it's invitation only. Invitations were supposed to be given away to users friends. They also used to sell on ebay for about 6USD each; but now people just go to places (like orkut, or gmailswap.com) and give them away to anyone who asks.

There are limitations. You can't accept certain attachments (like EXE files, or ZIP files that contain EXE files). Some other attachments may be rejected as well.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I was startin to think it was Gangsta Mail
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hey Joe - one of my friends hooked me up with a gmail account about a week ago, but I don't seem to have an invitations to give away. Do I have to do something first?
changing worlds
Site Admin

My invitations didn't show up for a few weeks. I think they also only show up if you frequently send emails. I used to send over twenty per week; but I haven't sent many this past month.

BTW, some conversations get grouped wrong. I think that this is why it's still in beta. Also, sent emails cannot be removed from their folder, even if archived.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hey, I have 50 invites to give away. Give me a yell if anyone wants one... fourseasons4 AT gmail DOT com. 8)
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Re: Gmail?

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

Now you can sign up even if you don't have an invitation, I preffer hotmail for my daily mail server... Gmail is used only for work purpouses because it allows bigger attachments size...

regards,
Jafit González L. MD
Benji
Site Admin

Re: Gmail?

Post by Benji »

Gmail also has the best spam filter (in my experience) out of all the major free email providers.