'Storm' review

Post reviews on concerts, albums, and anything else.
Xanthippe

'Storm' review

Post by Xanthippe »

I am currently writting reviews for all the albums of Vanessa-Mae for my website. This weekend, I finished my report on 'Storm, see the following link:

Storm review

All the reviews will have the same format:

1 a track lisitng

2 an overall impression

3 scans of the booklet

4 comments on the art work

5 description and my opnion of all the tracks.

Here is my overall opnion on 'Storm.'

----------

Overall impression:

After proofing with the 'Classical Album 1' that a dual pop and classical career is possible, Vanessa-Mae returned to the pop oriented side of her musicianship with her new album. On 'Storm,' Vanessa-Mae elaborates further on her techno-acoustic fusion concepts that so successfully catapulted her into word wide fame. 'Storm' is daring, is more dynamic and more versatile than 'The Violin Player.' Where 'The Violin Player' was a first try-out step into the launch of a new musical concept, 'Storm' develops the framework of the new concept further into maturity and sophistication. The album contains of famous pop songs in new and original arrangements , one modern and embellished version of a movement of Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons,' and several new compositions primarily by Andy Hill and Vanessa-Mae. This all together forms a mix that makes 'Storm' a brilliant album without any weak points. The music gives Vanessa-Mae all the possibilities to excel and to show her unique technical skills and that she has grown as musician, composer and violinist, and, moreover, to proof that she is much more than only the cute beautiful young girl who gained attention by the famous heavily discussed video of 'Toccata & Fugue,' that she in fact is a skilled creative and high profile musician. 'Storm' takes Vanessa-Mae in her career to another level; a level only artists usually reach who are able to sustain success and creativity. On this album, Vanessa-Mae adds singing lead vocals to her repertoire too. In this she never overestimates the limited vocal abilities of her soft voice. On the contrary, Vanessa-Mae's soft voice singing is actually very nice and effectively on Donna Summer's soul classic 'I Feel Love' and on her own composition 'I Am A Doun' that was already on the 'Classical Album 1.'

----------------------------

I am very much interested on others views on this remarkable and valuable album. Please post them here in this topic, or start a new topic in this review board on any of Vanessa-Mae's other albums.