The Editorial - Vanessa-Mae News Section

VMF & FSVM announcements and server status
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hi all. As you may have noticed, the site is undergoing some slight changes. After the relaunch, we've had some feedback on how to improve things etc. and we're just working on making the site more efficient at the moment. This improved version will go online very soon.

With this in mind, I've come up with an idea to utilize the news manager feature of the ikonboard forum. I've set up a forum for posting Vanessa-Mae News, but the news posted here will also appear as an editorial on the front page of FSVM!

Some of you may have known that I was using another software called Blogger before this, but from the feedback I received, it was best to try and make use of the forum as much as possible - seeing that it is our richest source of information.

However, as we'd like to keep this editorial as informative and helpful everyone, regular members currently do not have permission to start topics (though they are very welcome to reply or comment in the VM news forum!). This will not do much good to our goal of a community run project - as we learnt over the years, communication between fans is vital for a stronger online presence for Vanessa-Mae. So I think the best way is to let regular members of the forum post their information in this VM news forum. I suggest that members should nominate other members who they think would offer a valuable contribution. I know many members offer a lot of good information and links all the time - this is simply organising the actual news from the normal discussions so that we may have it archived.

So far, the only member with permission to post in the VM news forum is myself, so do start nominating people! I think anyone with 2 or more nomination deserves this priviledge. :bow:

Let me know if you have any additional ideas to this project.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

aventine,

I think it is a good idea to have a few news managers.

I assume all members can submit important news to these mangers.

In my opinion we should keep the news board strickly for announcements only and keep the discussion in the other boards. In this way, the news topic board reflects a chronological story of all things that have happened to our girl.

Maybe the nominations can be submitted to you by email or pm?
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

aventine,

Rijko speaks wise words (or types wise words),
I agree we should keep the news board strictly for announcements only.
and all news articles on our girl should be handed to the News boards
Moderators for examination prior to posting, either by PM or e-mail.

It also a very good idea that Management/Moderator selection
is also done via PM or e-mail to you.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Ok, so you guys think that everyone should be able to submit news but we'll have moderators approve first. I think this is a good idea (it did cross my mind briefly). If we can have enough moderators for this forum then we can make it work. I'll need some more help on this besides myself since I'm not on 24/7, but if you can nominate some people to be the news moderators that will be good.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Also, I've enabled the posting of events in the Announcements and Vanessa-Mae News forums - so these will be added to the calender events. This is useful for performance dates, tours, TV appearances etc.