This years birthday project - our gift to her 25th birhtday

VMF & FSVM announcements and server status
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi all,

Ever since the start of this forum in the spring of 2000, we as group sent our dearest Vanessa-Mae a special gift to the occasion of her birthday in October. We will do so again this year on the occasion of her 25th birthday!!

In 2000, we sent her a collection of individually made personal greetings in the form of specially designed birthday cards.

In 2001, we bought a tin plate and had it engraved with the text 'Fans appreciation VM-F Award 2001 to Vanessa-Mae.'

In 2002, we returned to the original idea of bitrthday cards.

Vanessa-Mae will be 25 years of age on October 27th. Because of this special mark, I think we should surprise and please her with a special gift. I had some discussion about the nature of this gift and someone suggested to send her a Barbie Doll.

In our view, a Barbie Doll as gift from her best fans is a very suitable gift. Vanessa-Mae told us in the interview in the Classical FM Magazine of April this year that music and violin training had played the most important and overshadowing roles in her life as a young girl. She said that she never had a Barbie Doll.

To make up a little for lack in her youth, we found a beautiful Barbie doll to give to her, named 'Heartstring Barbie.'

This link shows 'Heartstring Barbie:'

http://www.wowdolls.com/files....rge.jpg

The doll is quite expensive. Including shipment it costs me US$90.00

I invite all to join us in sending this precious gift to our beloved Vanessa-Mae, and to give a contribution to cover the costs.

I hope for at least 15 members to join in, which would make personal contribution of about $6.00 necessary. All can email or pm me about their contribution. I will announce methods of payment later.

In addition to this Barbie Doll, we plan to send personal greetings in the form a birthday cards as well. The cards will be added, together with a nice letter, to the parcel with the doll. You can email me the cards in any sort of electronic file.

If anyone has problems with raising ther money for this, please email or pm me about this. We will find a solution then.

We had all cards of the previous projects available on the FSVM site, as well as Vanessa-Mae's reaction. Maybe Aventine can make this possible again.

So, join us in suprising Vanessa-Mae again this year. She will appreciate this Barbie Doll very much.

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1060290758
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

I thought about a Karate Suit for Vanessa with some initials in the belt and a new pair security boots but this really nice doll could be a big one presented too. If I understood right you would open a banking account for the alimonies?
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

What about the floating hoverglobe with the places of the World on Storm Tour?
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I totally adore this Barbie, she is so cute :)
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Ps...

Rijko,
You can count me in, I am pleased to give towards our Girls
Birthday Present :)

I've sent you a PM
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I have 7 people joining the project so far.

Payment is possible in several ways.

Credit card holders can use PayPal to book the money to my account (free membership at www.paypal.com). You need my email address for that. Just pm me for that, and I will provide it to you.

It is also possible to book the money onto my bank account. Send me a pm for my bank account details.

Thirdly, you can send cash money, preferable US$ or Euros.

Just pm or email me if you need additional information or have any questions.

Remember, money should never stand in the way for anyone to join the project. Contact me and we will work out something appropriate.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

BTW, if more than 15 members are willing to contribute then the necessary fee of US$6.00 will drop.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

For those not contributing towards the gift, you can still send a card via Rijko.

(er, was this already made clear ?)
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Rijko,

As always count me in.
Thanks for the mail, because I am still on hlidays and had not checked the forum yet.
I will reply to your mail too. :D
Nice looking Barbie doll it would be a great gift for Vanessa's birthday.
Just one more week and i will be back at work and have some more internet/forum time. :p
Haboek :smokin:
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

On a slightly related note, here's a Barbie doll type cartoon from my Baby Blues desktop calendar:

link
C.L.U.C.K.

Post by C.L.U.C.K. »

Vanessa-Mae never had a Barbie doll? that's too bad. I think a Barbie would be a great gift for her, as long as it's not one of those cheap ones (of course you would give her a very good one). maybe a limited edition doll.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>사랑*평화*행복</span>
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi C.L.U.C.K.

Vanessa-Mae is an expensive lady and she deserves a high quality and special Barbie Doll.

I think we found one that is appropriate. I had the link in my firts post but here it is again:

http://www.wowdolls.com/files....rge.jpg

C.L.U.C.K. , I hope that you will join the project and make a contribution too!!
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg
Location: Kirkby-in-Ashfield, near Mansfield, near Nottingham.

Post by whygodwhy86 »

I would love to be a part of this, anything for Vanessa of course :bow: however, money is a bit of a weak point for me. :( Is there any other way I can help? I really do hope there is.
Laura x
Love ya lots and lots like jelly tots and vodka shots! :D
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hello Laura,

Money should never keep anyone from joining our birthday project. I will send you a pm soon.

I hope that you wil design a very nice birthday card for our Vanessa-Mae.

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1061731401
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg
Location: Kirkby-in-Ashfield, near Mansfield, near Nottingham.

Post by whygodwhy86 »

:laugh: :D Thank you! I really appreciate that. Hmm, not too good at designing things either. :banghead: I'm a bit useless really aren't I? Sorry! I will try. What program shall I do it on?
Love ya lots and lots like jelly tots and vodka shots! :D