My new violin :)

Anything goes...
Benji
Site Admin

My new violin :)

Post by Benji »

I'm pleased to show you guys my new baby:

The pictures are taken from http://www.giannaviolins.com .. I'm fortunate enough to be getting the *actual* violin used for these photographs. To flatter me even more, they did a slight update to their main page, and now my violin is featured there (and the only one I might add).

The violin is known as the Angels Violin model CA01AT. This violin was made by talented luthiers in China. However, the set up of the instrument is just as important as its construction, whereas this violin was set up by the very talented luthier, Steven K Perry of Gianna Violins. There are two reviews on this violin; the first review was done by the most popular publication for string players, "Strings Magazine". Their review is as follows:

"We were surprised by this violin outfit, in part due to its sweet tone—the Angel produced a huge, well-developed sound with very little effort. The distressed antique finish is rough, but the overall craftsmanship of the violin is good. The fittings are especially interesting, with a tailpiece featuring a vintage-style, bas-relief cherub. With an E-string fine tuner, a suspension case, and a pernambuco bow, this is a nicely matched outfit. Each of our teacher reviewers agreed that it is an exceptional choice for students because of its intriguing appearance and expensive-sounding tone."

Steve, the luthier who had the duty of setting up the violin said this about this violin in HIS review:

"
Strings Magazine justifiably highlighted this violin as because of its “sweet tone”
and because it “produced a huge, well-developed sound with very little effort.”
Since that article was written in 2001, Angels has continued to improve the
CA01AT. With classic design, elegant appearance, and sparkling performance
the CA01AT Veneto quickly became one of our favorites. The violin is extremely
well balanced, responds quickly, and has proven quite forgiving. The resonant
bass range merges with a rich and warm midrange that in turn seamlessly blends
into the clear and luminous upper register.

* Classic Italian design and hand construction with blocks and linings, correct
Italian style arching, crisp purfling, ebony button reinforcement, ebony locating
pins, and a host of other correct details
* Completely hand carved in the traditional manner with perfect scroll
* Beautiful hand-applied antiqued varnish, just the right thickness
* Polished professional-level boxwood fittings with Guarneri style chinrest and
easily tuned flat heart pegs
* Aged and treated French Aubert No. 7 or equivalent bridge
* Durable professional-grade Thomastik Dominant strings
* Personally set up by our violinmaker, Stephen Perry

I'm so excited because as of today, I haven't even GOTTEN the violin yet. But I'm very positive I will love it as much Steve promised that I would. Speaking of Steve, I recommend ANYONE looking for a good violin in any price range to try him out. Finding a good violin is hard enough, but finding an honest dealer, THAT's difficult. Notice that he sells the violin outfit cheaper than what the Strings Magazine stated as MSRP.

Anyway, Monday or Tuesday I will write a short review of the violin as far as looks, sounds, and anything else that comes to mind. So stay tuned :)

--Benji[/img]
Giollo

Post by Giollo »

Congratulations!!
So I want to show you my new baby too.... check this out ;o)

http://www.cantini-strings.com/indexeng.html
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Wow! Benji, Giollo they are nice looking instruments :wink:
I wish i knew how to play one :cry:
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Giollo

Post by Giollo »

Hi, it's never too late to learn violin, just it's almost impossible without a teacher... :o)

My violin doesn't look beautiful, but it sounds very well, have you heard the samples on the site?

Byes :o)