Amazon ... Never again

Anything goes...
Atreides
Veteran

Amazon ... Never again

Post by Atreides »

Well ... I m pissed ... I ordered Choreography from Amazon almost 3 months ago and i m still waiting. Their great 2-4 weeks delivery on imported stuff is more like 2-4 months.

Not to mention their rate that fall in the highway robbery cathegory... 45$ for the damn CD... Heck i d get concert tickets for that price.

In short ... I m never giving Amazon buisness again...

Now if only apple would make it available on iTunes....

Atre.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

That's $45CDN right? $30 CDN plus shipping?

I always wondered if ordering from AMAZON UK would be faster. My guess is that Amazon in the Americas had to send the order to the UK, delaying the process.

In a way I don't look forward to the USA release. It seems that the price will be higher that other single disc CDs. VM usually doesn't get advertised for price breaks here either.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Joe you are correct, Amazon.com do order in from the UK hence
imported, so it would be quicker to buy direct from the UK.
and so i have been told the postage is cheaper.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Yea joe , thats 45$ CND , 29,99 plus shipping + handling + taxes + duties.

I dont mind the price that mutch, but i do mind the delivery date being pushed back every 2 weeks.

I just dont get it why they are sooooooooo slow. If they do forward the purchase to Amazon UK it should not take longer the if i went and directly purchased from them.

Atre.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I know what you mean Atreides,
I certainly is annoying! I have paid for next day delivery for items
that were supposed to have been in stock, and 2 weeks later i was
still waiting.
I think that there should be laws against this type of thing for in a
way it is fraud!

Here is a link to amazon.co.uk postal charges for North America and
Canada...

amazon.co.uk
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
chwi

Amazon deliveries

Post by chwi »

Well, ordering from the various amazon stores became quite annoyingin recent years, especially if you get a huge list of private sellers' items and inbetween, somewhere, the real amazon links.
If you look through the auctions and z-shops you have everything mixed up: books, CD, VHS, DVD,...
And what is more. the several international sites have different items listed instead of putting everything together in one site, just with different languages.
Shipping from Germany to Austria is free (if the amount of order is enough) but takes at least 2 weeks, whereas from the UK- site it costs a little bit but arrives in 1 week (most of the time).

Nevertheless: I never had troubles and it is still a very coprehensive source for information. If you're looking for something special you have to do some research anyway.
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

WOW ... Amazon finally delivered today ... LOL ... 9 months for an import!!!! Now THATS speedy service :roll:

They shipped me a Thailand copy of the CD... got an odd lil extra publicity booklet in the case, guess i better learn Thai.

I m kindda disapointed by the 3 page choreography booklet, the fact its only 43 minuts long CD and the high import price. Also the sound quality is not as good as it could have been.

At least i have it now.

Atre.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Atre,

What do you think of the music on the album? Do you like it?
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

What do you think of the music on the album? Do you like it?
I just finished my second listening ... and yes i do like it ... but it does not live up to expectations for 2 reasons.

1) The recording and mixing are not exceptionnal. Sometime the orchestra is WAY too loud over the lead violin, it become virtually inaudible, as if they where trying to swallow it underneat. Also I heard a few artefact in the sound.

2) VM's playing... She is very even and rather unexpressive. There are a few pieces that offered a very wide range to explore and she did not. She kept a very controled, centered , neutral sound. At times it sounds like she is playing an Etude. I might be biased right now on that subject as I ve spend the afternoon at work listening to various concertos by Menuhin, Midori and Kyung-Wha Chung and all 3 are very expressive players. My opinion might change later on with aditionnal listenning.

Overall I'd give it 3.75 / 5.

Interesting CD, it just fell a lil short.

Atre.
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

We here in holland can buy the cd in store... If Amazon is not going to response, maybe it is an idea to sell the cd here and send it by post to your place?

What do you think of it?
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Thanks Arup ... but if you scroll up you'll see that i did receive the CD from Amazon .... after 9 months waiting ...lol

Atre.
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Sorry, you have right... I didn't do my homework well.. :wink: :D
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...