Review on Vanessa-Mae's concert in Dresden

Post reviews on concerts, albums, and anything else.
Xanthippe

Review on Vanessa-Mae's concert in Dresden

Post by Xanthippe »

I wrote a short preliminary review on Vanessa-Mae's concert in Dresden on Tuesday February 8th. The text is shown below and is available on my website together with the program and photos. Here is the direct link:

preliminary review on 'Vanessa-Mae live in Dresden'

Vanessa-Mae kicked of her 'Choreography' tour on Tuesday February 8th in Dresden. I visited the show together with Gerrit Bijsterbosch, a colleague fan from the Netherlands. The show was more or less comparable with Vanessa-Mae's concert in the London 'Royal Festival Hall, last October, only the order of playing differed on details (compare the program listings with the program of the 'Royal Festival Hall concert'). More importantly though, several of the songs were played in new and adjusted arrangements. I will elaborate into more details on this later in my full and extensive report that will become available this weekend at the latest. Unfortunately, Vanessa-Mae had the same costume as during the London concert. Although Vanessa-Mae looks great wearing this top made of satin fibre in colours of blue to purple and the flowered pants, I would have preferred another outfit because this would have made my photos more differently from those taken at the London concert. Several of my photos below clearly show that Vanessa-Mae was heavily made up, especially her eyes in dark purple colours and her lips in full red.

Vanessa-Mae played very well and passionately, as did her band and acoustic string section. Several songs were played in special and new arrangements. Of course the music of the new album 'Choreography' was the most important feature of the concert, but there were also tracks from her previous work. Vanessa-Mae played music from her debut pop album 'The Violin Player,' 'Storm' and 'Subject To Change.' This selection together with the works from 'Choreography' adequately shows how versatile Vanessa-Mae is as musician and as an artist. However, a concert of a good 95 minutes can't possible be long enough to serve a comprehensive overview for Vanessa-Mae's unique and diverse career of her parallel achievements in both classical and pop music genres.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Thanks Rijko. Can't wait for the detailed review. 8)
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Me also, I am so much looking forward to your complete reveiw.
It seems that you all had a wonderful time together at the show?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Arioch wrote:Me also, I am so much looking forward to your complete reveiw.
It seems that you all had a wonderful time together at the show?
Yes, Rijko and I had a great time together. For both of us it was the first time we have ever met, but as expected; Friends for Vanessa's live! Germany may seem to be "next door" for us, but it still toke us 6 hours to get in Dresden and 6 hours to get back in Holland, by (speedy) car. Dresden is only a few miles away from the East border of Germany.

Nevertheless, I don't want to repeat Rijko's review, but it was realy wonderfull to join this live concert! I'm looking forward to join the next concert.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hey Bijsterg, the pleasure of going together to Vanessa-Mae's concert in Dresden was mutual. I had a great time.

As I told you, experiencing Vanessa-Mae live on stage is addictive: you never get enough of her.

I am really looking forward to visiting a next concert of vanessa-Mae in the near future.